FB Notifications Update

I wrote this as part of my October transits report but it made the post too long so I'm separating this out into its own post.

A brief mention of Facebook.  For the last year I have been posting a link to this blog on my personal FB timeline, or wall, or whatever the terminology is.  I learned early on I needed to ensure the post was public so that any of you could share it on your own accounts for others to read should you choose to.

All was well, I've probably posted in this manner 30 odd times.  Then suddenly last week FB have decided that I'm in breach of the Community Rules on Spam and pulled every single post I made that included my link to my own blog, and that includes pulling posts from other people's accounts that quoted my link as well.  AND this includes me being able to send the link by PM as well ... so much for it being private messaging ... every time they've sent a notification in the last few days I've requested a review ... thus far nothing appears to have happened.

How I can be spamming when I'm posting a link to my own blog from my own FB page which people only see if they are following me, and then it's up to them if they click to have a look, I can't imagine.  I'm sure there is a greater message here, but I've yet to find it.

I am not prepared to post my blog content on FB, for lots of reasons, not least of which it just isn't suited to blogging and inserting pictures where I want them and including various permanent information about my reference sources and my chart reading etc.  And besides, I've been using blogger for the last decade, I know it, I like it and all my other blogs are here.  So there!

So, I will continue to post on FB that I have posted on my blog, but I will not be able to include a clickable link ... I will endeavour to type it out so you know where to come though ... perhaps you could bookmark this www.bubbling-brook.blogspot.com and then you can find me with a click once you know I've posted via FB.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelda, I am happy you post on your own blogspot, because I am not on Facebook and otherwise I wouldn't read your updates. Love, Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maaike, I will not be blogging on FB!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and perhaps share something that has happened in your life that is reflected in the transits I've written about this month.

There is a drop-down to allow you to post anonymously if you don't have the necessary accounts! It would be good if you could sign your posts, although this is not obligatory!