Sun in 50 - establishing the new

Hello

It is my half-birthday today which reminded me that the sun and earth are in opposition to my natal chart ... and that reminded me that we have two very interesting energies in play for a few days; ones that can be leveraged for a great deal of positive change.

It won't have escaped anyone's notice how little integrity has been on display in the UK parliament and in UK politics of late ... more than 3 years of trying to overturn the people's decision. 

The 50th hexagram on many levels is about integrity, about recognising the structures required for communal living, about the rules that we agree to abide by.  It is an energy very dear to my heart and my design of course, it's what grounds me.  In the I Ching, it is represented by a bronze cauldron, Ding.  In ancient China a new one was cast and inscribed with a new constitution and represented moving forward with the new and abolishing the old.

I can only hope that these current energies are used to root out the rotten behaviours we have had to endure of late.

Tyr, the Norse God of truth and justice, sacrifice for the greater good; he gave his right hand to restrain the wolf Fenrir to prevent Ragnarok - is in 14.  This is a powerful sacral gate of 'great harvest', he's there with Child ... I hope those that truly wish to deliver the democratic will of the people are infused with these energies and we can indeed abolish the old and move forward with the new. 

Patience will be required, the Earth's position is in 3, difficulty at the beginning, it's that gathered strength that is required to break through the seed shell, to push up through the earth, it is a process.

Jupiter is overseeing from the gate of the Trickster, Saturn in the gate of the Fighter and Uranus is still sitting in 27, so along with the Sun is creating the 50-27 channel of preservation.  This is the yin aspect of tribal defence, it's about caring for the community from within, sorting out the structures that serve the whole.

Eihwaz has stepped forward for this week, this rune is the Yew, it's about life and death, about cycles, about the victory and moving forward into the new ... I can't think of anything more appropriate :-)


I will be back with a Samhain post and then November's transits later in the week ... for now I have Algiz, and Ansuz, Tyr and Sowilo on my altar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and perhaps share something that has happened in your life that is reflected in the transits I've written about this month.

There is a drop-down to allow you to post anonymously if you don't have the necessary accounts! It would be good if you could sign your posts, although this is not obligatory!